|Index > Sales > Sales By Challan|
|Sales By Challan|
|What is 'Sales By
Its a general business practice, that, in case of emergency or in some other case, we sell goods temporarily to the customer with whom we have good business relation. The Bill/Invoice is prepared on a future date but we send a challan with the goods as a proof of goods sent. Such types of transactions are called Sales By Challan.
Sales By Challan is an agreement to sell the goods in which property/ownership of the goods is not passed to the buyer till an Invoice is prepared. The customer has only the possession of the goods but he is not the owner of the goods.
It shows the quantity, rate and other details of goods sent to the customer.
Before closing the year, you will be required to prepare bills from challans. You can not have any challans for which bill is not made.
create 'Sales By Challan'?
1. After Login, click Sales (or press F5).
2. Then click Sale By Challan (or press Alt+c).
The following screen will appear:
3. If your software is of Type 'Exemption', then click 'Sales By Challan Ex' (or press Alt+x) or else the following 'Sales By Challan' screen will appear:
Note: You can enter 'Purchase Order Number' and 'Vendor Code' on Sales Challan if you have selected this option while creating the company. Click Sales Voucher with PO No. and Vendor Code to see the example.
1. Voucher Series and Voucher No: It is used for voucher identification. It is a combination of alphabets and numbers.
AB series is set by default if any other series is not created. It can be changed. Last entered series for Cash Sales, will be set in Combo Box from list of series. You can change this series. The Voucher No. is set according to the voucher series. It is set to the maximum number for the selected Voucher Series. You can change it.
2. Date: Enter the date on which the Sales By Challan is to be entered. The last Sales By Challan date is set by default.
3. Credit Account: Select Credit Account from Cr Account Combo Box. This combo contains all accounts which are under Sales Account group.
4. Debit Account: Select Debit Account from Dr Account Combo. This combo contains all accounts which are under Sundry Debtor and Sundry Creditor group. Here you can also create Customer or Supplier by selecting the Create New Customer or Create New Supplier option from the combo box.
5. Closing Balance: The label near Dr Combo shows the Closing Balance of the selected Dr Account.
6. Credit Limit: If you have entered Credit Limit for a customer while creating New Customer, then his remaining credit limit is set in the Limit field. You can make a challan for a customer even if his credit limit is exceeded.
Remove Product: If you want to remove any product from the
list, select that product and click 'Remove Product' button.
9. Terms & Conditions: You can
specify the terms and conditions while creating the voucher.
last entered terms and condition will be set for the next voucher. You
can change this terms and condition. This facility is available if
'Terms On Invoice' value is set as 'Yes' in company settings.
10. Print Duplicate: You can have two print copies of the invoice. This facility is available if 'Duplicate Invoice Printing' value is set as 'Yes' in company settings. Print Duplicate
11. Edit Product: If you want to change some details of already entered product like change its rate or quantity, select the product. Then either double click on it or press 'Enter'. You can now edit the product details. Edit Product.
11. Billing Amount: It gives you the sum of amount of all the products added in the list.
Grand Total: Grand Total is the final bill total after
rounding. The difference between actual amount and total after rounding
goes into Sales RoundOff account. If the Rounded amount is less than 50
paise it is debited in Sales RoundOff account else it is credited in
Sales RoundOff account.
13. Narration: You can select a Narration from the Combo Box or enter another narration.
14. Finish: Click on the 'Finish' Button to save the Sales Challan.
15. Finish and Print: If you want to save the challan and Print it simultaneously, click this button. The challan is saved and you can see the Print Preview of the voucher.
16. Print: You can not use this button while making the voucher. It is used only in edit mode.
17. Close: Click on the 'Close' button to close the open screen. You can also use 'Esc' to close the open screen.
Effects of Sales Challan Entry.
Challans don't have any accounting effects.