|Index > Cash/Bank > New Receipt Voucher|
|New Receipt Voucher|
is 'Receipt Voucher'?
It is the proof of money received on any account. When a firm receives money in cash or by cheque, D.D., etc. from a customer, supplier or on any other account, a Receipt Voucher is prepared.
to create 'Receipt Voucher'?
1. After Login, click Cash/Bank (or press F3).
2. Then click Receipt Voucher Button (or press Alt+r).
The following screen will appear:
1. Voucher Series and Voucher No. :
It is used for voucher identification. It is a combination of alphabets and numbers.
“AB” series is set by default if any other series is not created. It can be changed.
Last entered series for Cash Sales, will be set in Combo Box from list of series. You can change this series.
The Voucher No. is set according to the voucher series. It is set to the maximum number for the selected Voucher Series. You can change it.
Date: Enter the date on which transaction is entered. By default,
the Date set is the date on which the Receipt Voucher was last entered.
Credit Account: Accounts falling under the group other than Cash/Bank
group will appear on Debit side of the Receipt Voucher. Also the accounts
under VAT on Purchase and CST on Purchase will not come in this Combo
5. Amount: Enter the received amount in this field.
Narration: You can select a Narration
from the Combo Box or enter another narration.
Finish: After clicking Finish button the Receipt Voucher will
9. Finish & Print: If you want to save the voucher and Print it simultaneously, click this button. The voucher is saved and you can see the Print Preview of the voucher. If you select a Customer or Supplier whose Bill Break Up facility is selected then you have to perform Bill Break Up.
10. Close: In order to close the open screen, click 'Close' button. If you close the screen without performing 'Finish', the voucher will not be saved. You can also use 'Esc' to close the screen.
effects of 'Receipt Voucher'.
When a Receipt Voucher is made, the selected Customer/Supplier Account is Credited and selected Cash/Bank Account is Debited.